Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Snow Swirled

  
This is one of my favorite stamps to use at Christmas.  This is Stamping Up's Snow Swirled set. I thought it would be perfect to use for my DT card for the new challenge at Twisted Tuesday.  The challenge is to: Stamp Your Image and/or Sentiment on Patterned Paper.  The TWIST: Add the Color Teal or Turquoise Somewhere on Your Project.
 
I stamped the tree in Versa Mark on my patterned paper and then used a fine gold embossing powder to emboss it.  I cut it out with the Spellbinder Oval die cut and layered it on SU Island Indigo cardstock cut out with the Scallop Oval die cut.  I then used turquoise gems from my stash on it.  Here is close up of the tree.


The cardstock on the card is SU and the patterned paper is Bo-Bunny.  I also used SU Very Vanilla CS to emboss with SU Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  The ribbon is also from SU.  I used Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia for my flower.  I used the Very Vanilla CS and sprayed the flower with Imagine Crafts Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz.  Then I used another Gem for the flower center.  The sentiment is also from the Snow Swirled set and stamped in Versa Mark, then heat embossed with the fine gold embossing powder.   It is punched out with SU Scallop Oval punch.  I then sponged SU Island Indigo ink around the edges.

I plan to enter this card in these challenges:

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - #101 - Lots of Layers

Crafty Ann's Challenge - #78 - Tic Tac Toe (I used Gems, Ribbon, and Flowers)

Crafty Catz Challenge - #158 - Anything Goes

Stamp Man Challenge - Emboss It

2 Sisters Challenge - #117 - Use Your Favorite Christmas Stamp

One Stop Craft Challenge - Anything Goes

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Anything Goes

Challenges 4 Everyone - #7 - Anything Goes

I hope you see something here that will inspire you.  And then head on over to the Twisted Tuesday Challenge blog and see what the rest of the design team has to show you.  Thanks for dropping by and have a blessed day.

14 comments:

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous love the Christmas tree, the layout and colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

tiffany said...

gorgeous card, love the embossed tree! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful card with so many pretty details!

Kraftylittlebox said...

Beautiful, I love the colour teal and the overall design is stunning, thanks for joining us at penny's and good luck, Klair x

mags said...

This is lovely. Great colour combo and love the image and the embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

ladyjanet_56 said...

This is a really beautiful card a great layout, image & colour combo. Thank you for joining us at OSCC, Janet

Kim said...

gorgeous card, love the embossed tree! Thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz. Kim x

Unknown said...

Hi Gale, gorgeous card - love the tree and on patterned paper as well, great idea.

The embossing is a perfect touch as well.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

Rachel said...

Pretty card Gale, I really like the blue gems.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Jules said...

This is a beautiful card, I just love everything about it. The stamp is gorgeous and it all just works together perfectly. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge. Good Luck xoxoxo

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, love the embossed Christmas tree and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xxx

Kim said...

This is gorgeous, glad you joined us at Sweet Stsmpin'.

Carol said...

A beautiful card, love the stamp. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x