Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Make Your Own Background Challenge


We have a new challenge today at The Crafter's Cafe.  And what a fun theme this is, "Make Your Own Background".  I decided on a winter scene.  I started with SU Crumb Cake cardstock as my base. I topped it with SU Midnight Muse which had been stamped with a snowfake by Judith.  I heat embossed these snowflakes with Stampendous embossing powder in Winter Wonderland. Next I used a die cut from Marianne Design Creatables, LR0283, to make a snow background.

I used an image by Karleigh Sue our sponsor.


This is Ice Skating.  I colored her with my Copics and made an ice skating rink with Copics and Icicle Stickles.  I also used Stardust Stickles on her hat and jacket.  I used SB Deckled Rectangle to cut out my image.  My sentiment is from Digital Delights Snow Sentiment Set.  I used SU Circle Punches to cut out the sentiment and base.

Copic Markers Used:
B24, B60, B91, C00, C1, C3, C5, E000, E00, E11, E31, E33, E35, G43, G46, RV91, RV93, RV95

Challenges Entered:
Just Inspirational Challenge - Heat Embossing
The Crazy Challenge - #189 - Embossing
The Pink Elephant - #283 - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - #96 - Winter
Cut It Up - #63 - Embossing
Daring Cardmakers - You Can Leave Your Hat On
The Stamping Boutique - Make Your Own Background
Meljen's Designs - #244 - Let It Snow

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day.

7 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

You have the perfect image to go with your background!

Thank you for joining us for our National Braille Literacy challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Tracie said...

Love your snow background. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs.

Miri said...

Your snowy background is nice! Good job.
Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers challenge.

Christine said...

nice card
thanks to take part in addicted to stamps challenge! Hope to see you soon
Christine

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

Thank you for taking part in our JIC challenge,
I very much enjoyed looking at your card and all
the time and detail you put into it, good luck hugs tracy

RitaK said...

A lovely winter card. Thanks for joining the ATSC. Hugs Rita

Unknown said...

Lovely card many thanks for joining us at Cut it Up on our embossed challenge Tania (DT)